Archpastoral Letter of His Eminence, Metropolitan Gregory Regarding the Coronavirus or Covid-19 Pandemic
Attached please find Metropolitan Gregory's Protocol Letter detailing steps to be taken in our churches during the Coronavirus pandemic. Please read this letter carefully and prayerfully. We will be implementing these measures immediately.
The young and the strong among us may not have to be overly concerned about the Coronavirus. But we are taking these steps primarily to protect, as best we can, the elderly, and those with weakened immune systems.
Other common sense steps should be implemented. Don't touch your mouth, nose or eyes. If you are elderly, and/or have a weakened immune system, you should stay at home as well. Pray and watch the services on the internet. Avoid close personal contact. Don't hug, kiss or shake hands. Especially with the elderly! Cover coughs and sneezes. When you receive Holy Communion, please tilt your head back, open your mouth wide, and do not stick out your tongue. You do not say anything. If Holy Communion is received properly, the spoon does not need to touch your mouth.
Please note the additional measures that our parish is taking:
1. Please do not kiss the priest's hand.
2. The distribution of blessed bread (antidoron) at the end of the Liturgy will be discontinued for the time being.
3. Use your own prayer books. Don't share personal items.
Please note the following CANCELLATIONS:
1. COFFEE HOUR is suspended until further notice.
2. CHURCH SCHOOL is suspended until the children go back to their regular classes.
3. Out of an abundance of caution, our parish LENTEN MISSION on March 22 is cancelled. In fact, all area Lenten Missions have been cancelled.
Great Lent, however, is NOT cancelled. We all need to be in church and attending the services. We must be cautious, but we should not be panicking. Prayer is the best thing we can be doing at this time. Let us pray that this pestilence will soon pass.
With much love in Christ,